We are back at it with a new recipe video, this time featuring one of our favorite meals just in time for #TacoTuesday.
This time we put a healthy twist on this foodie classic by using jackfruit and veggies. Remember, when possible, we recommend cooking with an oil alternative such as water, coconut water or veggie broth.
• (4) Cups – Jackfruit
• (2) Cups — Portobello Mushrooms
• (1.5) Cups — Sweet Peppers
• (4) Cloves — Garlic
• (0.5) Cups — Green Onions
• (1) Cups — Red Onion
• (1.5) Cups —Black Beans
• (1.5) Cups — Yellow Corn
• (1) — Tomato
• (1) — Avocado
• (1) — Lime
1. Slice up the mushrooms, onions, sweet peppers and garlic.
2. Shred the jackfruit consistency.
3. We are cooking without oil, make sure to get your pan hot and to continuously add water.
4. Sauté the onions & peppers.
5. Add the jackfruit, mushrooms, corn and black beans, and garlic.
6. Stir continuously on medium-high heat while remembering to add water when needed.
7. You can add your favorite pre-mixed taco seasoning from the store or make your own mix at home, we recommend — salt, cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika, onion, garlic, black pepper & chili pepper.
8. Dice up your fresh tomato & slice your avocado for garnish.
9. Heat up your tortillas.
10. Plate & serve with a side of chips and salsa.